While the weather clearly didn't get the seasonal memo, there was still lots of fall fun + exciting things that happened in October.
I got to spend a lot of time offline, with friends at wine nights or weekend adventures. I celebrated a few good friend's birthdays, enjoyed a night by campfire with some coworkers, cheered on my VOLS (even though towards the end of October they hit a lot of setbacks), enjoyed a delicious brunch at Pennsylvania 6 with some of my blogger gal pals, made a little shift in my blogging focus, and enjoyed a few fall activities with my Church small group.
This past weekend I crammed as much fall-ness into one weekend as I could. I kicked off the Hallo-weekend with my best friend Jenn, by enjoying some friend time over pizza and beer. Nothing too crazy! And then Saturday morning I woke up and road out to Butler's Orchard with my good friend Katie.
Shop My Look:
I've been to Butler's Orchard every year since moving to DC. It's my favorite place for taking fall photos, snagging a few pumpkins, and stocking up on delicious homemade treats. They have the BEST apple cinnamon pie and a huge selection of locally sourced goods. I am obsessed with their cheeses, thick cut bacon and homemade sauces. Definitely a must visit if you're in the area.
Once we got back to DC, I headed over to my friend Greg's house to watch the Tennessee game. I'll spare y'all the details, but let's just say I've given up on football for this season.
We then decided at half time to attend a Halloween party, so I had all about 10 minutes to come up with a costume. I decided to just be what I was last year since I had all the items on hand from that costume. What was I? An ESPN sideline reporter. Complete with the real deal ESPN microphone flag! Fun fact... I actually wanted to do this for my career, which is why I majored in broadcast journalism. Sadly this dream didn't come to fruition, but never say never right?!
My hnew Vera Bradley Crossbody (c/o) was the perfect accessory for all my fall activities this past weekend.
Sunday was another early morning, as I met up with my small group from Church for a day at Cox Farms. Y'all, this was a glorified fall theme park... for kids, ha! Honestly we were a little out of place (age wise). But like any good sports, we found our inner child and made the best of our day. Complete with hayride, slides, apple cider and doughnuts, and tons of goofing off. We had a blast!
We all then headed to our Church's 20th anniversary service. It was seriously the most uplifting two hours of worship I've ever been apart of. I'm so blessed to call National Community Church home!
October was another awesome month. So how on earth could it get any better?! Well, there's still lots of fun in store for November and December. Here are a few things I'm looking forward to:
- Knoxville | I'm heading home this weekend for a few days to spend time with family!
- Hosting the World of Vera Bradley event at Macy's | While I'm home this weekend, I'll also be driving up to Huntington, WV on Saturday to host the Vera Bradley holiday pop up opening at the Macy's in Huntington. We're going to be tackling everyone's Christmas list + I'll be sharing my holiday gift must haves. All the details on the event can be found here.
- Election Day | no matter the outcome it definitely won't be a dull day that's for sure! In all seriousness though, make sure you get out and vote!
- Friendsgiving | one of my favorite November traditions! I've got two on the calendar right now; one with coworkers and another with some of my blogger friends.
- Annapolis | Myself, Jenn and Laura are heading up to Annapolis in a few weeks for a media visit with Annapolis Waterfront Hotel. We're super excited for a fun girls getaway, and I can't wait to explore a city I've never been to!
- Thanksgiving | My family is heading here this year! I'm SO excited to host them, as well as not travel this time around, ha. We're going to do some sightseeing, tour around Mount Vernon and attend a Washington Wizards game. Cannot wait!
- Holiday Prep | I have so many fun events and collaborations coming up next month! Right now I'm ironing out all the final details, but I can't wait to share with y'all.
- Favorite Things Party | my third annual Christmas dinner is happening!! I've partnered up with some of my favorite brands for an evening of fellowship with some of my closest friends here in DC!
- Preparing to move | yes, move! I'm switching buildings in early January, and moving to my dream apartment y'all. I wanted more stability with rent cost, so I found the perfect place and signed a two year lease. So thankful for this opportunity to stay put for more than a year!
Wow! That's a lot to fit into two months. My brain hurts just thinking about it, and my to do list is growing by the minute. BUT, I am so excited about all the fun ahead. It's going to be a rockin' end to 2016, and I look forward to sharing the fun with y'all along the way!
Have a wonderful rest of your week friends! I'll be back next week revealing my Christmas card collaboration with Minted + recapping this weekend's Vera Bradley event + a few other surprises. So stay tuned! Xo