Throughout today's post I'm featuring photos of my mother's new sunroom! I shared a sneak peek on Snapchat (kroyster815) awhile back, but wanted y'all to see the finished product! I think it turned out so well, and I'm super disappointed that I didn't have this apart of my house growing up! So jealous of my parents right now, ha!
And another Friday rolls around! What a crazy week this one has been. Another debate, Kim K got robbed, there's only 75ish days till Christmas and oh, the Vols are still undefeated, ha. While these are the pop culture news of the week, let us not forget that there is some serious stuff going on in our world right now. Not to get too deep with y'all, but there are far more important things in life than Kim losing her jewelry. I'm glad she's okay and safe; I'm not insensitive by any means. But there are many who have been and will be hit hard because of the current hurricane down in the Atlantic. So let's just keep our focus on praying for those affected, who have lost loved ones or their homes, and understand the difference between what is REAL news and what's not.
Any who, rant over, ha! Sorry for the deep initial thoughts this week y'all. But I guess I just don't understand the news sometimes, or what people find "important and trending." But I digress. Aside from all this, it was a rather slow week for me. I caught up on a lot of rest and was able to find some time on Wednesday for a little wine night with a few of my sweet friends. It was so nice catching up with Katie, Monica, Jenn and Bree.
As for this weekend, not much going on. Hoping to find the time to switch over my closet, finish decorating my apartment for fall, shoot some new outfit pics with Nicole and of course watch the Tennessee game. What are y'all up to?
Since we've already sort of hit the highlights and lowlight of this week, let's move straight into some link love shall we? This week's is a little different. I added an extra section below, focused on ways you can give back this month during National Breast Cancer Awareness.
This week's link love:
- Not sure about y'all, but I am super excited about the upcoming movie, Jackie. Natalie Portman stars as the First Lady and nails it! Checkout the trailer just released!
- In probably the worst news ever, Bed Bath and Beyond is looking to get rid of their 20% off coupons. Apparently these were hurting their profits. Imagine that, ha!
- As someone with a full-time job and blog, traveling on a regular basis can be hard. This articles shares some wonderful tips on how you can travel more, even though you have a full-time job.
- My next purchase? This long sleeve plum blouse, with bow cuffs! How stinkin' cute is this?!
- Thinking of investing in a Barbour jacket for the fall? Tuckernuck has a great guide to all things Barbour.
- A casual and comfortable sweater, that comes in five different colors! It's also less than $40!!
- The holidays are quickly approaching! It's never too early to stock up on your Christmas or holiday cards. Minted has a great selection!
- I've been wearing these workout leggings on repeat lately. And you'll never guess where they're from!
- My amazingly talented friends Cathy and Jessica, the founders of The Blog Societies, were recently featured on Style Me Pretty. They shared their tips for making big things happen in your career.
- Remember last week's orange shirtdress? Well, I found it's twin! Somehow I'm really good at finding very similar dresses, ha!
- Talbots blocked-stripe blanket wrap | donating 20% of the proceeds from this scarf
- Loft is offering three different ways this year to give back! Learn more here.
- Kendra Scott designed a collection entirely focused on raising awareness! 20% of all sales of this line will go directly to the Breast Cancer Research Foundation.
- Fig and Olive is offering a customized pre-fixe menu all month long! For each menu purchased they'll donate $10 to the National Breast Cancer Foundation.
- Caribou Coffee is currently collecting tribute videos between now and October 18th. For every video received they'll donate $5 to the nonprofit CancerCare. All you have to do is submit your video on their homepage here!
- IT Cosmetics has teamed up with Ulta Beauty to feature a brand new foundation brush that is specifically designed for Breast Cancer Awareness month. The brush is pink and designed in a heart shape. For every Love Beauty Fully Love is the Foundation Brush purchased, IT Cosmetics will donate to the American Cancer Society's Look Good Feel Better program.