That is what this week has been. It's also the reason for the lack of posts this week. Time just got the better of me, so I apologize for the lack of content and social media. I had several ideas for posts this week, but could never find the hours in the day to get it all done.
Thankfully the weekend begins in just a few hours. I've got a fun event tonight with the Tennessee State Society (a social club for Tennesseans living in DC). And then I'm up bright and early in the morning to head out to wine country and spend some time with Lauren, Laura and Jenn. We're going to hit up a few wineries, consume a lot of delicious food, snap a few outfit pics and just enjoy some much needed girl time. It's going to be great. Follow along on Instagram and Snapchat (kroyster815).
What are y'all up to this weekend?
Before you go, here's this week's highlight/lowlight + 10 links:
Highlight: yesterday the United States Capitol finally went scaffolding free!! There's been a huge restoration project going on the past few years, and the Capitol Dome has been largely hidden under mounds of scaffolding and netting. You can learn more about the restoration project here, but the large takeaway here is that this project was completed ahead of schedule and under budget. Wahhoo!
**Side note, the photo above was taken earlier this week on Monday. That's why you see a little remaining scaffolding in the corner.
Lowlight: just the fact it was a busy week in general! Also, this mercury retrograde thing that's going on... it needs to go. I'm not a huge believer in this kind of stuff, but I've definitely been feeling some crazy affects of whatever is going on this week. Goodness!
- Vera Bradley has been one of my favorite brands for years. I've been a fan of them since their quilted pattern days, but they've recently started targeting the millennial 20/30 something gal. Checkout some behind the scenes of their newest line of products.
- From the Runway to real life, Banana Republic's newest collection and collab with Olivia Palermo is what fall wardrobe dreams are made of.
- This is how you kickoff a football game in the South y'all!
- Thanks to Adele, my current doormat gets quite a few laughs when guests come over.
- You can never have too much fall style inspiration. Am I right?! Here's a ton from one of my favorite bloggers, Classy Girls Wear Pearls.
- Have you seen Kendra Scott's newest release. It's not what you might think! You can now match your nail polish to your jewelry!
- I've long been a skinny jean kind of gal. But these flare jeans are convincing me to try something new for a change.
- Nothing gets more real then this post about influencers buying Instagram followers and likes. The main point of her post? Just don't do it!
- I really need a new puffer vest for the fall, and am thinking about investing in this one.
- One of my favorite beauty brands just launched at Sephora. You can now purchase IT Cosmetics from any local shop and online. I've linked a few of my favorite products below!