Another whirlwind of a week y'all! Ever since getting back into DC from Nashville on Monday, it has been nonstop playing catch up and getting things checked off my to do list. I did find a little time for fun though. Tuesday I went to a Tennessee State Society happy hour over at H Street Country Club, Wednesday I took it easy, and last night I cheered on my Vols with several friends at Blackfinn (the Tennessee bar here in DC). It wasn't a beautiful win, but a win is a win. On to the next game!
Now my sights are set on the upcoming holiday weekend! Y'all have any fun plans for Labor Day? I'm going to spend most of my time poolside, that is if the weather cooperates, and going out with friends. Not too crazy of a weekend, plan wise, but I'm okay with that.
Before we get to this week's links, below are the highlight and lowlight. And let me tell you, the highlight is a really good one this time around!!
Highlight: This is an easy one this week... while I was waiting to deboard the plane on Monday, once I got back to DC, I opened up Instagram to see if I had any notifications. Y'all... I had to refrain from screaming because Reese Witherspoon commented on my photo, MY PHOTO!! Holy cow, ha! It literally made my day, week, month, life!! I had to double and triple check it wasn't some spam account. Nope, it was her! THE Reese Witherspoon. I'm still fangirling over here y'all, ha!
Lowlight: not really a lowlight this week, as it has been a pretty great one. But it was the last week of downtime at work. Things pick back up for the month of September next week, until we hit October and then it's 100% focus on the upcoming election. So September at work will be insanely busy.
Now before you go, here are this week's top 10 links...
- This blouse has it all... cutouts, bell sleeves, lace and it's the perfect fall hue!
- I loved this post by Meg Biram on how changing your mindset will positively affect your life.
- This was my go to plaid shirt last fall. It's back in stock this season + a lot more affordable.
- My friend Katie wrote this awesome post on why writing down your goals helps you have a better chance of achieving them.
- Just picked up this cozy looking scarf for fall! I love how it's not as bulky as a blanket scarf, but still has the popular pattern!
- Loving this song by Tennessee, and Knoxville native, Logan Brill. Y'all, I'm predicting she's the next big thing in country music!
- Still not sure how I feel about the choker trend. But this black bow gem might get me on board.
- Curious when you can finally get your hands on a Pumpkin Spice Latte?! Here's the reveal date + details on Starbuck's newest fall delicatessen.
- Pleated midi-skirts are all the rage this fall! I'm loving this burnt orange one.
- Carry the off-the-shoulder trend well into fall with this gorgeous floral print top that's currently 40% off!