Top: H&M (comes in 2 other colors) | White Denim: Old Navy | Wedges: Nordstrom | Clutch: GiGi NY (c/o) | Necklace: Julie Vos (c/o) | Bangle: Old, Ann Taylor
Photos by Jenn of Southern Anchors
I fully intended to post this edition of The Weekender last Friday. But in light of everything that occurred throughout our country towards the end of last week, I decided to save this post for another time. I don't want to delve too much into my feelings on everything that happened, but just know that I'm very heartbroken about all the tragedies that occurred last week. My heart goes out to all the families!
**Update: I had scheduled this post prior to the unfortunate attacks in Nice, France. It's just so sad we keep ending our weeks with such terrible news. I'm keeping everyone in France in my thoughts and prayers!**
Now, onto a lighter note... let's get into this week's volume of The Weekender! Lots of awesome links + some photos from one of our nights out in Key West.
Highlight of the week: there were so many fun things this week. Tuesday I met the author of Something Borrowed, Emily Giffin. She held a book signing at one of DC's newest apartment communities, The Hepburn. She spoke for a few minutes, and then met with attendees to sign their copy of her newest book, First Comes Love. If you're a lover of her books, or just the movie Something Borrowed, you'll be happy to know they are definitely making Something Blue into a movie. Emily confirmed Tuesday that the script has been sent to Kate Hudson, EEKKK!!!
Lowlight of the week: it was a very, very busy week at work. Combined with lots of activities and after work festivities, I'm exhausted y'all. On the bright side, work will be slowing down for awhile and provide the opportunity to get caught up on my to do list.
- Curious what my dream job in DC would be? If you love the first part of this series, here are parts two and three.
- Live in the DC area? These are some of the hottest new restaurants you need to try. On that note, DC restaurant week is quickly approaching so I am putting together a "things to know" post + a roundup of some of my favorite places to eat. It's all coming to the blog on Monday.
- Kendra Scott just released her fall collection! So many gorgeous pieces to shop.
- Netflix and Comcast are teaming up together. Is this a good thing, or a bad thing?!
- Tips for maintaining your summer social calendar, but still being well enough to, umm function at work, ha.
- Y'all remember this dress?! Well, it's back in stock and less than $100 now!
- Thinking of attending New York Fashion Week this September as a blogger? Cathy from Poor Little It Girl gives you her tips on how to attend and snag one of the hottest seats in NYC. First tip, read this post and start preparing now.
- How adorable is this knot headband?!
- Apartment hunting in the DC area? Or even in another big city? Monica from Cake & Lilies + a few of her blogger gal pals (me included) give their tips on how to find the right space for you!
- The Nordstrom Anniversary Sale kicked off with Early Access for cardholders yesterday. Have you shopped the sale yet? Snag brand new arrivals for fall, at a discounted price! Be sure to checkout my wish list in yesterday's post.