Now that the 4th is behind us, it's time to focus on... the fall! My favorite season will be here before we know it. I don't want to get too ahead of ourselves here, but it's never too early to start stocking up on fall essentials. When better to do that than the Nordstrom Anniversary Sale?!
This sale is one of my favorites each year. Why? Because you're getting brand NEW items for the fall at a major discount. That's right. A sale on NEW merchandise.
So I wanted to put together a post for y'all, explaining how the sale works and how you can snag the best bargains. To make things even better, there's a HUGE giveaway for $1,225 at the bottom of this post. Think of all the amazing pieces you can get for that during this sale!!
For you newbies, "what is the Nordstrom Anniversary Sale?!"
- This is Nordstrom's biggest sale of the year. Like I said above, the sale allows customers to shop brand new fall arrivals, at discounted prices, and before these items are made available to the public. Prices are as marked, so no code is needed. You'll be able to see both the discounted price + the regular price that the item will go back up to once the sale is over.
"Now that you've got me hooked on "new" and "discounts," when is the sale?" Here are the dates you need to know...
July 14th: Early access begins for Nordstrom cardholders
July 21st: Last day for early access
July 22nd: Public access begins (non-cardholders)
"So how does one gain early access?"
- Early access is for Nordstrom credit and debit card holders. Level 4 credit card holders (i.e. the VIPs) get an introduction preview on July 13th (lucky ducks).
- You can signup for a Nordstrom credit or debit card here.
- Log into your account on July 14th and shop till you heart desires (or till your bank account is empty... whichever comes first, ha!).
"What if I don't want to apply for a new card?"
- I feel you. Not to fret. Public access begins a week later. While I highly recommend applying for a card, as some things tend to sell out pretty quick, there will definitely be plenty of items to shop during public access.
- Nordstrom also adds new items to the sale almost daily. So everyone will be able to shop in on the fun!
- Head over to Nordstrom's site on July 22nd and again, shop till you drop!
"So I know when I'm going to shop, but how should I prepare for the sale? I don't want to miss a thing!"
- Know your budget // nothing is worse than endlessly adding items to your cart, only to find several grand worth of items you have your heart set on owning. Determine a budget and remove items that aren't at the top of your list.
- Know what you're looking for // I tend to shop around a lot of times and just buy what I see on the spot. You can't really do that during this sale. Items tend to disappear in a flash. Either the item itself, or your size. So it's best to have a general idea of what you're wanting to purchase and snag those items first.
- Start at the top of your list, and work your way down // like I've said many times, items can sell out quickly. So start by purchasing your "must have pieces" first. You can always do multiple transactions.
- Preview what will be on sale // checkout the women's catalog here and the men's here!
Now that you're prepared, let me help add some extra hundos to your wallet! Be sure to enter the $500 PayPal Giveaway below. Good luck!! (all images via Nordstrom website)
*Giveaway ends on July 13th and the winner will be announced on July 14th. Must be 16+ years old to enter. International entrants are welcome. Please keep in mind that you cannot complete more than 101 entries, and that we can tell if the same person uses multiple emails to enter. ALL ENTRIES WILL BE VERIFIED, so make sure you hit 'FOLLOW' or 'LIKE' to complete each entry. The more you enter, the better chance you have of winning.