To get back into the swing of things, I wanted to end this week with some link love. You may notice it has a new name and format. I've been meaning to start this new style for awhile now. I feel like a lot of bloggers do a "link love" post each week, and I also felt my Friday Link Love posts were filled with a little TOO much love. If that's even possible?! So I wanted to condense these week-enders. It's about quality, not quantity. I also felt they were just random bullet points of clothing and accessories, with no real meaning behind them.
The Weekender will consist of "the highlight" of my week + "the low-light" (get it, lol). I encourage y'all to share yours too in the comments. These posts will also include 10 curated links of things I'm loving around the web, things to know, shop links, etc. Whatever is most pertinent that week!
Sound good? From now on these will be a lot shorter, but I wanted to give y'all a little background on why I'm switching up the format. Hope y'all have a fabulous weekend!
Highlight of the week: Although I came back to a full inbox and busy week, I have been on a vacation high all week. I feel refreshed, and excited for the summer. I have a lot of fun things coming up this weekend, so I know this high is only going to keep going. Isn't that the best feeling?!
Low-light of the week: The con of this week was definitely getting back into the swing of things post vacay. I went from sitting by the beach with an ocean view, to waking up to the sounds of the construction site across from my apartment building. I also came back to hundreds of emails + a three page to-do list. Anyone else have this issue after a long getaway?!
- Heading to a fancier Fourth of July party? This dress would be perfect!
- I've been using this face cleanser for a few weeks now and I'm obsessed. It has sort of a cool feeling when you put it on, and a hint of a cucumber smell. It literally leaves my skin feeling so smooth + it's only $15!!
- My friend Brittney Ann recently did her FIRST TV segment with her blog! She did such a great job, so I wanted to share the link so y'all can view her tips for hosting a High-Low Party.
- I'm obsessed with anything palm print lately, and this dress is my next must have.
- Lilly Pulitzer agendas went on sale this week. Have you snagged yours yet?
- The only hat you need poolside this summer!
- In case y'all missed it, two Sundays ago Miss District of Columbia was crowned the new Miss USA. Deshauna Barber is a United States Army Reserve logistics commander, Department of Commerce IT analyst and an all around amazing role model. I definitely had to mention this, as Deshauna represents my current hometown of Washington, D.C.!
- The perfect float for your Fourth of July pool party! Just don't try to eat it, ha!
- The Nordstrom Anniversary Sale, ya know the one where you can shop brand new arrivals at a MAJOR discount, is almost here. Mark your calendars because Early Access begins July 14th. I'll have lots of content in regard to this sale coming your way over the next few weeks.
- I'm thinking about hosting a Tacos and Tequila party next month for some of my best gal pals, and wouldn't these adorable cactus shaped ice cubes be a great party addition?!
I do want to end this week's post with a simple note about the recent events in Orlando. I don't want to focus on the political aspect or details, but simply say that I'm heartbroken over all the events that have occurred in that wonderful city this past week. Many innocent people have lost their lives, and their families and friends and communities will be affected for weeks and years to come. I hope everyone keeps those affected + the first responders in their thoughts and prayers, and that we pray senseless acts like these will end. Whatever change needs to be made, however you see it being made, we all can agree no life is worth a disagreement in beliefs!!