Yes, it's true I haven't posted since Monday. I honestly hate when I can't bring you all new content. But we all have to remember, that I'm only one person... who has a full-time job and attempted social life in addition to this site. So please, forgive me....
Any who, enough Adele references...
I walked past this gorgeous tree the other day on my way to work, and just had to snap a pic of it!
This week was absolutely amazing. Why? Because I caught up on sleep, relaxed, and for the first time in months... didn't blog during the week. Sometimes your body just tells you when you need to slow down and take a break. So once the gala was over with, I finally listened.
I went to sleep earlier, rested at night, avoided reception beverages and food for dinner, ate healthier, and drank three full Smartwater bottles a day. The beginning of the week I just felt so sluggish, exhausted and burnt out. But by the end of the week, I was energized and ready to focus back on blogging and my social life. We all need and deserve these types of weeks, am I right?!
This weekend I have a pretty chill few days planned. The weather is supposed to be incredible here in DC. Highs in the mid-70s, sunny and just beautiful. I plan to spend as much time as I can outdoors. The only thing I have planned so far is to shoot a ton of looks on Sunday with my friend, blogger and photographer, Nicole. So I'll have brand new outfit content coming your way soon.
Hopefully y'all's weekends are much more exciting than mine LOL but before you go... I put together a rather large (trying to make up for being absent all week) link love, including some "must gift" items for Mother's Day.
My sweet friend Katie sent this bouquet to me last week as a congrats for my gala being over. I've absolutely enjoyed having this in my apartment all week. Thanks Katie!!
Mother's Day Gift Guide
Links I'm Loving
- A pineapple broach that's less than $25?! Yes please!
- Mark your "planners" for May 11th at 10:00 a.m. EST! That's when Emily Ley's newest Simplified Planner goes on sale!!
- The Tory Burch Spring Sale Event is here! Spend more, save more! Up to 30% off sitewide.
- How adorable is this personlized sequin and pom-pom hat for the beach?!
- Ralph Lauren Private Event - save up to 50% off with code PRIVATE16 at checkout
- Thinking about giving the platform espadrille shoe trend a try. These are too cute not to buy! And they're under $100!!
- I'm starting to purchase accessories for my apartment, but would love to know where you shop online. Leave some of your favorite stores in the comments below!
- MOST POPULAR item I've ever included in gift guides, would surely be perfect for mom! A personalized rolling pin. I have purchased several of these for wedding presents, and they are always the biggest hit. They are excellent quality, and under $30!!
- Remind your mom every morning while she sips her coffee how much you love her!
- Mother's love a good personalized gift. Checkout Ivy Lane Living for some gorgeous hand towels or monogrammed pillows.
- If your mom has a sense of humor, she'll love this accessories tray!
- Give a gift that gives back! Any purchase made from the Minted Orange Rose Collection, 20% will be donated back to the Every Mother Counts organization.
- My mother still raves over this Kendra Scott tassel necklace I got her for Christmas! Thinking of getting her a piece from their newest summer collection. Like this bracelet!
- Help her organize all of those delicious recipes in one place!
- If you live miles away, a simple (yet gorgeous) card will bring a smile to her face!
- Bachelor fans rejoice!! The newest season of The Bachelorette with JoJo is set to premiere on Monday, May 23rd!!!
- The Girl on the Train trailer is finally here!! If you're a fan of the book, or haven't even read it, this is going to be one thriller you can't miss!
- My friend Katie shared a great career post on what many people in various industries (including me, ha!) wish they knew before starting their first job.. A must read!
- A HUGE shout out to these fellow bloggers for braving the world of walking onto national TV in a bathing suit!! So proud of these ladies. Watch their Today Show segment here.
- Jessica from My Style Vita shared a great post on how to grow your Pinterest following, by A LOT!!
- If you haven't seen this video yet, watch NOW! Two DC brothers trick their sister into thinking there's a Zombie apocalypse after she got her wisdom teeth removed. I was crying laughing!
- Win $100 credit to The RealReal // all you have to do is share one Instagram photo between April 30th and May 2nd, just in time for Mother's Day! Share your most stylish look of you and/or your mom, and share what type of mom you are or what type of mom your mother is from either "the classic mom," "the on-trend mom," "the mom who has everything," or "the logo-loving mom." Share which type in the caption + tag @TheRealReal and use the hashtag #realrealmoms to enter!! Good luck!!
Coming Up Next Week: I'm bringing you FIVE brand new posts. Yes mam (and sirs)!! A full week of content. I assure you this will happen, because they're all basically done. Wahhoo for Friday motivation!
We're kicking the week off with a brand new "learn" post, where I'm sharing some tips for apartment spring cleaning. I say apartment, because I realize most of my readers rent or own small apartments or condos. So I'll be sharing my tips + some of my favorite home organization and cleaning tools. Another "shop post" is coming your way Tuesday + an all new outfit post on Thursday. We'll be rounding out the week with our monthly recap + looking ahead. All this and...
WAIT you said five posts?! That's right!! An all NEW dating post is coming your way on Wednesday. The topic shall remain a surprise, but I assure you... it's one you don't want to miss!!
Stay tuned and have a great weekend loves!!