Bag: Rebecca Minkoff (old, similar here) | Sunnies: Karen Walker | Necklace: Julie Vos | Watch: Daniel Wellington
Photos by Nicole of A Dash of Gold
Phewwww! Another week is behind us y'all!
I feel like I say it every week (cause I do), but this was another crazy busy few days. Work was just insanely busy. And as we get closer and closer to Taste of the South Charity Gala, my inbox keeps growing by the minute, as well as my to-do list. So I'm pretty excited that this weekend is chalk full of... no plans! Finally a free weekend!!
So I plan to spend most of it getting caught up on stuff, switching over my closet to spring, taking some new outfit photos with Nicole and spending every other waking moment outside. Would love to get up to Great Falls tomorrow for a hike maybe. Do y'all have any fun weekend plans?
I also want to mention the field jacket I'm wearing in today's post. You've seen it here before. I wanted to share another way you can wear this jacket. Spring can bring cooler mornings and warmer afternoons. So this light sweater + jacket combo is perfect for combating the quick changing temps. You've probably seen these army green field jackets everywhere, and that's because they're a huge trend this season. It's a staple piece you can wear many different ways, and I wanted to show you that in today's post. Y'all know I love versatile pieces! Tell me, how would you wear your field jacket?!
Before you go, checkout another great roundup of...
Links I'm Loving
- In honor of next week's Bachelor finale, I give you the golden post answering all of those burning Bachelor questions. Like, do they get paid?!
- My favorite white eyelet midi skirt makes another come back this spring!
- Speaking of the Bachelor, one of my all time fave Bachelorettes is pregnant!! Congrats Jilly!!
- One of my favorite lifestyle blogs, Waiting on Martha, shares her tips for making weeknight meals a lot easier to prepare.
- A faux lace up flat that doesn't need to be tied!
- Want to know who will be on this season of Dancing With the Stars? Find out here!
- Waiting on Martha shares her Top 5 Tips for Working for Yourself and how you can stay motivated!
- My new favorite mani color for spring!
- Looking to take your blog one step further? Checkout My Style Vita's post on the Best Sites for Blog Tips.
- These animal print block heels are everything!! And super affordable too!
- Kendra Scott talks about why you sometimes have to fail first to succeed.
In Case You Missed It
- Vaseline Lip Therapy Tins // the perfect mini size to throw into any bag
- LIKEtoKNOW.it Decoded // learn how you can shop my Instagram in just one step
- The New Primp and Proper // all the details on my site update
- Spring Favorites // shop 50+ items perfect for spring
Also, if you haven't created a Poshmark account yet, sign up here! I'll be doing a more in depth post soon, but Poshmark is perfect for selling and buying gently used brands like J.Crew, LOFT, Kendra Scott and more! Right now you can get $10 in credits simply by signing up!! Just use code JXIAA. How cool is that?!
Coming up next week on the blog
I'll also have a brand new outfit post (maybe even two), and we'll discuss some of my favorite shoes for spring.
I hope to also have another home update post for you next Friday. I haven't shared an update in a bit, mostly because my new apartment has very little natural light. So it's hard to get really good photos and detail shots without a yellowish tint (thanks overhead lights). But I'm going to try my best this weekend to get some good shots, so stay tuned!