To end this year and ring in the new one, I wanted to do a post reflecting on 2015 and looking ahead to our new year of 2016! This post will look back at some of the highlights of 2015, what I've learned from this year, what I hope to accomplish in the new year and what's to come for this blog! It's going to be a fun one! And to make this post even more enjoyable, I've included some goofy photos from this year's outfit photo sessions. Enjoy :)
When the wind is your worst enemy!
Best of 2015
This year has brought so many wonderful moments, lots of new friendships and countless new memories. Here's a look back at some of the highlights:
- I made so many wonderful new friends. From blogging, to new friendships at work and meeting new Tennesseans in DC, I've formed some great new relationships. Even more so, I've strengthened some old friendships and new ones have grown even closer.
- I went to my first blogging conference in Charleston.
- I celebrated one year as a blogger (let's be honest, I never thought it'd grow to be what it is today!)
- Hosted my first fashion related event; a fashion show at Bloomingdale's!
- Married off two of my closest friends, Ashton and Ryan!
- My Tennessee Vols finally had a great football season and are heading to a pretty big bowl game!
- Spent Christmas in Walt Disney World.
- Moved into a brand new apartment and living on my own for the first time, ever!
When you let your friends take outfit photos for you, yet they make fun of every pose you do. You can't help but laugh at their comments, ha!
Favorite Blog Posts from 2015
It has been another BIG year for Primp & Proper!! I mean, 162 blog posts, WOW! If you read them all, a huge THANK YOU to you (looking at you mom)! If you missed some or joined the party recently, here's a look back at some of my favorite posts from this year:
- Galentine's Day Brunch // partnered up with my blogger bestie, Jenn, for a fun Valentine's Day outfit post.
- Spring in DC // a casual look for touring your way around DC.
- When life gives you lemons, buy a skirt! // I started a skirt frenzy with this LOFT eyelet skirt.
- Interview Ready // prepare for an upcoming interview with my tips + outfit inspiration!
- Virginia Wine Country // toured (more like drank) our way through wine country with a few of my blogger gal pals! Plus the perfect outfit inspo!
- Kristyn's Hair Tutorial // learn how I get (and keep) my curls!
- One Shirt, Two Ways! // sharing two looks with the same shirt!
- Butler's Orchard // the perfect outfit for a Sunday Funday at the pumpkin patch!
- Holiday Travel with Vera Bradley // the perfect weekender bag for a quick get-away!
Wait, I need to take a sip. Taking outfit photos is hard work y'all!
What I've Learned from 2015
This year has brought its amazing moments, many new memories, a few hardships, as well as lots of new beginnings and friendships! Let me be honest… the past few weeks I've been counting down the days till 2016. Eager for a fresh start and a new year. I've been pretty excited for 2015 to be left in the past. This year has definitely been the hardest for me. Why you may ask? Probably because this is the first year that I've really felt the waves and punches of being an adult.
For 25 years I sort of breezed through life, enjoying it's moments and never really had to deal with things like death in the family, a broken heart, needing to save money and create a budget, or more health issues than normal. It was a true "wake me up" year. And while I faced many firsts, I realize that it's just part of life. Yes I may think this year was hard, but the truth is… life is hard. And it's only going to get harder. So while I at first didn't understand why all these things were happening back, to back, to back. I know that these things will make me stronger in the New Year.
Not sure what I'm looking at on the ground...
What I Hope to Accomplish in 2016
I honestly can't wait for the new year! There are so many exciting things coming up. From a trip to New York City in February, to decorating my new apartment, and celebrating the weddings of a few great friends, I'm already eager to get this year started.
This section of the post is typically where I'd list all my new year resolutions. But let's be honest. Does anyone really accomplish those? I can't even tell you what mine were from last year. So instead of making a list of twenty unrealistic goals, I instead want to set three:
- Learn to live in the moment more. Stop always looking ahead and enjoy the present.
- Strengthen my friendships and my relationship with those around me. That includes my relationship with Christ. If anyone has good Church recommendations in the DC area, please let me know!
- Leave the past… in the past. I've done it, learned from it, and moving on from it all!
I think these three things are definitely accomplishable. These aren't finite things like "get in shape" or "make more money." While we all hope to attain those things, these three items are actually doable. And I plan to make sure I stick to them.
What's Ahead for Primp & Proper
There are SO many exciting things ahead for my blog! Starting with a little site refresh. While I love the current site, I've decided that I want my little space on the web to have a more professional feel. That means taking a step toward a crisper, cleaner layout. Easier to read, quicker to find past posts, and larger font. If y'all have any suggestions or anything in particular you want to see, design wise, please comment below! I'd love to hear your ideas!!
Aside from the design of my blog, there will be lots of new content coming your way in the new year. I've got a lot of fun things in the works! Especially throughout the month of January.
I'm heading to New York City in February for New York Fashion Week. This is my first time in NYC during fashion week and I'm so thankful that I get to be apart of the madness. I'm traveling up with a few best friends and can't wait to share more details as we get closer. This means lots of posts in preparation and taking y'all along for the ride. So stay tuned!
I'll also be sharing some moving related posts over the next few weeks. Featuring photos of my new place, inspiration photos for my apartment decor, as well as moving tips. For someone who has moved six times in the past eight years, I've acquired lots of knowledge in this department.
Finally, I just have to take a second to THANK all of you. For coming to this little space on the web. Whether today is your first visit or 100th, I can't thank you enough for following along on my blogging journey. I've said it many times, I never thought my blog would grow from 10 readers to several thousand. I mean, wow y'all!! I'm truly blown away by the support, comments, emails and social media love!! So from the bottom of my heart, thank you! And hope you all have a blessed and Happy New Year! Cheers to 2016 my friends!