Starting the week off... Tuesday I headed to The Anderson House for the Washingtonian Magazine Style Setters party. Fellow blogger and friend, Cathy from Poor Little It Girl, was selected as one of the Top 10 DC Style Setters of the year! The event was to honor her and the other 9 recipients. She invited several of us to go with her and celebrate!
It was truly an amazing evening. I loved seeing a lot of my blogger friends, meeting so many new people, and taking countless photos in their photo booth.
The one aspect of the evening that wasn't so enjoyable? The torrential downpour that ensued all night long. So instead of sharing photos taken outside, on a nice camera, I'm instead sharing iPhone quality photos from indoors. Not the best, but hope y'all will forgive me!
This Carmen Marc Volvo dress was truly a dream. When I saw it at Rent the Runway, I knew that's what I had to wear! I felt so special in it and did not want to take it off or return! Since the dress was a little loose, I paired it with an H&M belt. It was the perfect addition and really added that "edge" I so love to my outfit! As y'all know, I love to add little hints of edge to my typical conservative or preppy outfit.
I just love how the entire look came together. And apparently, so did the Washingtonian. I'm so honored they featured me in their roundup of some of the best dressed of the night!
Now onto what y'all are really here for... some link love, because it is Friday after all!
Shop With Me
- EVERYTHING at LOFT is 40% off today!! No exceptions!
- With the impending hurricane, I bite the bullet and invested in a pair of these.
- The Tory Burch fall event is here! You can save up to 30% on some amazing pieces for fall!
- Bloomingdale's is having their fall Friends & Family sale!! Take 25% off almost everything site wide!!!
- Love this colorblock midi dress! Pair it with a black blazer and it's perfect for work!
- Yet another pair of block heeled booties I need! Never can have too many, right?!
- The perfect LBD for fall and winter! Pair with some tights and booties and a fun necklace!
- The days of having your phone on the table at dinner are over. Now, this piece of jewelry can notify you of important calls or texts through vibration and light. How cool is that?!
- I've been searching for the perfect fall lipstick. Nothing too flashy and certainly not too dark. Thoughts on any of these??
Links I'm Loving
- I love a good pasta dish. Soon you'll be able to get a pasta bowl, similar to the process of your fave burrito bowls from Chipotle. My inner Italiano is screaming!
- Skip the first date and move in together? This new dating app is switching things up and doing away with first dates and heading straight to sharing an apartment together. Is this the new Tinder?!
- Rebecca Minkoff proves that being nice can help you make it to the top (even in the fashion world)!
- This week Ralph Lauren himself stepped down from CEO. He has been at the reigns for more than 50 years since founding the popular clothing brand.
- Most people would say it's hard to have it all! When your dating life sucks, work is usually going great. Vice versa. But is that really true? This article shares how you can succeed at both... at the same time!
- In the DC area this fall? Here are 15 Things Definitely Worth Doing! Not in the DC area? You can definitely find similar events or attractions near you.
- Ever dream of working at Vogue?! Here are the qualities you need to possess, for Anna Wintour to say YES!
In Case You Missed It
- Don't forget to enter the $500 Nordstrom giveaway going on this week!
- See how my blogger friend Alicia and I styled the same J.Crew shirt, two very different ways!
- Marsala -- The Color of Fall // shop some of my favorite Marsala colored pieces!
- Read my recap of the calligraphy workshop hosted by the amazingly talented, Laura Hooper.
- Fall Fashion Staples
Coming up next week on the blog: I'm going to be introducing a new series for my blog on Monday + sharing one of my favorite recipes for fall, and then rounding out the week by celebrating Big Orange Friday (Go Vols!) with a brand new outfit post + link love. Stay tuned!
Have a great weekend my friends! Xo