In case you're unaware of what that means, every Friday before a Tennessee football game, fans don their best UT orange attire. While I have been a little put out with my VOLS lately (losing too many close games), I will always be a Vol for life. So, that means showing my UT pride, even when I don't feel like it.
This weekend I'm heading home for the first time since Christmas. I'm excited to spend a few days with family and friends, and attending the Tennessee vs. Georgia game tomorrow. Hopefully my presence will help end the losing streak? We shall see!
In honor of my trip home, I'm sharing a Big Orange Friday look on the blog today. Along with the usual Link Love. Now that I come to think of it, this look may be better suited for an LSU fan. But don't mind the purple fringe crossbody. And also, the sweater is a tad more UT orange in person.
I found this J.Crew sweater a few weeks ago when I was at their fall arrivals preview. I wanted to purchase the sweater in every color, but opted for the UT orange. I paired it over a chambray shirt with my favorite jeans. And added a little statement shoe and crossbody. Now that the temps are cooling off, I'll probably pair this sweater over a white tuxedo shirt and with my favorite riding boots.
Now onto what y'all are really here for... some link love, because it is Friday after all!
Shop With Me
- GiGi New York is having a Friends & Family Sale!! Get 25% off your ENTIRE purchase with code WEAREFAMILY. Now is the perfect time to purchase those Christmas presents for a friend or even yourself!
- Speaking of the J.Crew sweater featured in today's post, it comes in many, many other colors. I may just have to grab a few more for the fall.
- Old Navy is having a major sale! And I mean MAJOR!!!
- I ventured away from my usual hunter green polish, to give this Bordeaux color a try. I can definitely say that I'm digging it!
- You can never have enough blanket scarves.
- I've never been much of a hat person, but just ordered this one. It's the perfect color too!
Links I'm Loving
- Waiting on Martha started a great conversation about entitlement in the workplace and paying your dues as an intern. I love what she had to say and plan to share my thoughts with y'all on the blog next week.
- Want a feelgood commercial that'll brighten your day? This one gives me all the "awwwws."
- A really REAL article about how we're ruining our own lives without even noticing we're doing it.
- Skip a few PSL's each week and put that money towards advancing your career. Here are 5 easy things you can do that cost less than that morning latte.
- Once again Chipotle is offering you a boo-rito of a deal! Show up to any location wearing your Halloween best, and you can snag your favorite meal for $3!! But, there's a catch!
- In case you're living under a rock this week, this is your public service announcement that McDonald's is finally serving all day breakfast. So on Saturday afternoon when you desperately need a sausage biscuit because you're umm, tired... McDonald's has your back!
- Cheap flights from the U.S. to Europe could soon be a reality. Cheap as in less than $70.
In Case You Missed It
- Don't forget to enter the $500 Nordstrom giveaway going on this week!
- My favorite treat for fall! Checkout my recipe for pumpkin bread. It even makes muffins, cupcakes or a cake.
- It's National Breast Cancer Awareness Month! You can do your part by shopping for a cause. See which brands are giving back a portion of their sales this month!
- See how my blogger friend Alicia and I styled the same J.Crew shirt, two very different ways!
- Marsala -- The Color of Fall // shop some of my favorite Marsala colored pieces!
Coming up next week on the blog: Sharing my thoughts about why unpaid internships matter + how you can prepare now for the upcoming holidays + another brand new outfit post! Stay tuned!
Have a great weekend loves and Go Vols!