Well my friends... the days of summer are almost gone. I cannot believe that this weekend is the last weekend of summer 2015. Where does the time go?! Even though we don't officially welcome the new season till next Wednesday, Mother Nature has already started to get into the fall spirit. Walking to work this week felt amazing! Thank goodness for the cooler mornings.
Along with the weather, I've started getting my apartment and wardrobe into the fall spirit too. I've shared a few fall fashion posts this week and have a ton more coming your way this month! I've also started adding fall scented candles, a few decorative pieces and some fresh flowers to our living room. The arrangement in the photo above is from Harris Teeter and has lasted almost two weeks!! How amazing is that?!
This weekend I hope to bring out a few more pieces to decorate the apartment and plan to rearrange my bar cart. I'm sure I'll share some behind the scenes on Instagram. I also have some fun plans with friends, going to watch a ton of football, and finally meet up with Lisa for some outfit photos!! It's going to be a great weekend. What are y'alls plans for the final hurrah of summer?!
Now onto the important stuff... some link love:
Shop With Me
- Essie just released their Fall 2015 collection and let me just say, it's perfection. Need this metallic gold, asap!
- Seriously loving this purple v-neck tunic for fall! It comes in several other colors too and pairs perfectly with a pair of skinny jeans and booties!
- Speaking of booties, I'll take these in every color. Perfect to wear now with a skirt/dress, or with tights and jeans when the weather gets cooler.
- If only I could afford these boots. Such a dream! They're literally perfection!
- The new arrivals at Ann Taylor are seriously amazing. Today and all weekend long, take 40% off your ENTIRE purchase with code YESPLEASE.
- It's never too early to purchase your holiday cards! Right now you can get 20% off at Minted, just for shopping early!
Links I'm Loving
- Starting a new job or internship this fall? Checkout these tips on how to survive your first week.
- I mentioned recently that I've been reading Aziz Ansari's book, Modern Romance. STILL loving it. Want a little insight to what his book is all about? Thrillist put together 15 of the best quotes from his book.
- Some GREAT tips for nailing the perfect resume. Most of the things on this list are common mistakes. Also, it never hurts to update your resume every few months or so. Even if you have a job. You never know when you'll need to send it to someone quickly!
- One of my favorite collections coming out of NYFW is the Kate Spade NY SS16. Obsessed is an understatement. Checkout the full collection here.
- All my '90s babies rejoice!! Nickelodeon might be creating a new channel that'll run nothing but '90s shows!!!
- I recently started using a standing desk at work and love it! The New York Times had an article this week about how a standing desk affects your wardrobe. I found it really interesting. Any of y'all have a standing desk? Thoughts?
In Case You Missed It
- Marsala -- The Color of Fall // shop some of my favorite Marsala colored pieces!
- Last weekend I crossed one off the bucket list and finally took a calligraphy class. Read my recap of the workshop hosted by the amazingly talented, Laura Hooper.
- Fall Fashion Staples
- Thinking of taking a blogging break? Read how a few weeks spent offline were really good for my soul!
Coming up next week on the blog: I'm excited to team up with my blogger friend Alicia Tenise for a fun "wear it two ways" outfit post! We'll be styling this J.Crew plaid shirt! I love these types of collabs!! That's just a sneak peek at what's to come, so stay tuned! Have a great weekend loves!