Another week is in the books y'all! This one flew by honestly. Probably because it was only a four day week, but still. I'm ready for the weekend nonetheless.
While the the days of summer are dwindling, my mind has clearly been on fall this past week. It however hasn't been on the mind of mother nature. DC saw some of the warmest days of the year this week and the humidity was out of control. So how does one dress for fall, during summer temps?! I feel like that is a question that will never be easy to answer.
For me, the best way to do that is to mix seasonal pieces. Like in the photo above. I paired my favorite summer skirt (similar) with a fall top. The chambray shirt is another necessary staple for fall. I mixed in a few accessories to tie it all together and boom... you have a summer/fall-ish outfit of the day.
Now... on to some link love. Happy Friday my friends! Enjoy your weekend! Xo
Shop With Me
- How gorgeous is this drape coat?! It is totally on trend with the fringe details. Definitely a great investment piece for fall and winter.
- The only fall necessity you need for your home... the smell of pumpkin. This candle is the best.
- I know I shared this bag in Wednesday's post, but I just had to share again. I took the plunge and purchased it for myself. Happy late birthday to me!
- The best cardigan around. I have almost every color it comes in. Best part is, it's extremely affordable. Stock up now.
- Move over Zara. There's a new blanket scarf sheriff in town!
Links I'm Loving
- Can't make it to NYFW this year? No problem! Instagram will be curating a separate feed with a roundup of the best photos from the week. Best part is, you don't need a ton of followers to make the cut!
- Everything you ever needed to know about how to attend New York Fashion Week. Hallie seriously has the best roundups, advice and hilarious stories from her time in NYC!
- Need a good laugh?! How about dying laughing?? Another Whine About It video is up and this time it's all about weddings! You're welcome!
- Interested in watching your favorite shows from NYFW? Here's your front row seat.
- I know we haven't even made it to fall yet, but Pantone just released their Spring 2016 Colors and they're AMAZING. Makes me excited for spring! Will we be seeing the normal and boring pastels? Think again.
- Next Thursday Papa Pope and Olivia's well-tailored suits return. Grab your glass of Pinot and find a couch near you!
- Speaking of TV... this Sunday is the Miss America Pageant. I'll be cheering on Miss Tennessee. Don't miss out! The pageant is LIVE at 9:00 p.m. EST.
In Case You Missed It
- Fall Fashion Staples.
- I got a little personal in yesterday's post! I shared why it's okay to take a break from blogging and how it can be good for the soul!
- If yesterday's post doesn't make sense, than you'll probably want to read Tuesday's Life Lately post.
Coming up next week on the blog: a brand new outfit post, a recap from the calligraphy class I'm taking this weekend, a brand new link love and so much more! #staytuned