This week has been quite the event overload! I've literally had something every night this week. It seems like ages ago that I had a relaxing night in. I prefer to stay busy though I guess! Tuesday night I attended an event at Trunk Club D.C., and wore one of my most recent favorite outfits. Y'all seemed to love it too!! So here is the info on the various pieces featured in the Instagram photo above: dress is a white shift from Ann Taylor (old, similar option), shoes are floral sandals from LuLu's (old, similar option), clutch is Kate Spade NY, and nail polish is Essie Cute as a Button. I linked to a few things to help you recreate the look!
Now for a little Friday Link Love:
- Want to be like Mindy Kaling or Jenna Lyons? Start here.
- Want to look like you're wearing designer, but without the high price tag? These places will help you achieve that.
- The arrival of Royal Baby #2 could be any day now!! Celebrate by giving yourself the royal treatment with some of my fave beauty products. Like the Drybar Royal Treatment hair kit, a manicure fit for a queen with Butter London, or don a lipstick that you'd likely see on Princess Kate, like this one from Bluemercury.
- Looking for that next step in your career? How about quitting your job, selling all your belongings, leaving your family and friends behind, and buying a one way ticket to paradise. This woman did just that. Oh, and if you watch the Today Show, this story was featured on their show this morning :)
- My dear sweet friend Meaghan was recently featured on one of my favorite sites. Meaghan gives you some great tips on dressing for work, especially in a political environment.
- Some of my favorite stores have some big sales going on right now...
- LOFT -- 40% off your spring favorites + everything else
- Old Navy -- 50% off pretty much the entire store
- Nine West -- 30% off select sandals
- Ann Taylor -- 40% off your entire in-store purchase and an extra 40% off sale styles online.
- J.Crew -- Extra 30% off spring sale styles!
- Swoozies -- 20% off everything in stores and online!
Oh, in case you missed any recent posts on Primp & Proper, here are a few of my favorite and most popular posts from the past two weeks:
- Interview Ready: Getting ready to graduate from college or thinking about the next step in your career? This post features some great tips for nailing an interview + the perfect business professional outfit.
- Mother's Day Gifts from Minted: Don't forget you can save 10% on a Mother's Day purchase from Minted! Code expires on Monday, May 4th.
- Daily Reads: Ever wondered which blogs + news sites I read on a daily basis? Here you go!
- When life gives you lemons, buy a skirt!: Probably my most favorite outfit post to date!